I saw that the weather in St. George was going to be warm and sunny last Saturday. I couldn't pass up the oportunity to bask in the warmth, so we packed up and went on a couple of hikes in Snow Canyon. We brought Zoe along, thinking she could do with some exercise and socialization. She was SOOO EXCITED to be out with her family she literally could not contain herself. She was like a crazy dog running all around, dragging Andy along on the leash. This picture captures exactly how she was the whole first hike we took. You can see she is in hot pursuit of Cambrie:
Here is a picture of Calina hanging out in the backpack:
A cute picture of Cambrie playing at the trailhead while we got ready for the next hike:
The other hike we took was Three Ponds. It was 3.5 miles round trip. In retrospect, 3.5 miles is WAY too long when you have two kids. But we had a really good time, regardless. Here we are about mid-way through the hike, enjoying the shade (can you believe this is JANUARY!):
Calina wanted to stretch her legs, so we let her out of the backpack to walk for a little while: You can see a little bit of snow in the background, evidence of the big snow storm that hit St. George last month. It sure didn't feel cold enough for snow!
What a fun day! It was just what the doctor ordered after all this snowy weather we've had in Cedar City. My parent's were able to come with us, which made the trip all the more fun. We stopped in at In N Out for some burgers where we ate OUTSIDE in the sun before we went back up to the cold. This is one of the best things about living in Cedar City. Only 45 minutes away from the mild winters of St. George!




6 comments:
Your new blog layout is so cute! I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy nice weather. Today was 62 degrees but I didn't do anything fun like hiking, instead I swept out our garage and cleaned out my car. They were both is desperate need.
Looks like such a fun day! I love the picture of you all holding hands. St. George is perfect this time of year!
I'm jealous of your warm weather. My kids have been asking to go to the park a lot lately, but it's still too cold here. I miss trips to St. George too. Maybe someday we'll get back to Southern Utah...wishful thinking!
I can't believe Calina is starting to walk!
I'm soooooo jelous!!! I love the sun. We seem to always make it to St. George in February when it gets around 70. You girls are getting so big. I feel like I never get quite enough time with them when you visit.
Hey Clarissa...so glad you added me to your blog. What a cute family! Your daughters are adorable! Hopefully I'll see you around sometime since we do live in the same town. :)
I am likewise quite jealous. I'll bet our dog would be too if she knew. Looks like so much fun! And you guys are such a cute family. I love all the stories about your little girls. Makes me excited for when Conrad can ask me questions.
Post a Comment