Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy Bees

I just realized that my last blog post was a month and a half ago. Here are some things that we've been up to:


Cambrie has been enjoying playing on a soccer team. Her team has green jerseys and is named "The Tinkerbells." They are a pretty good team, but the coaches don't really emphasize winning, so I have no idea how many games they have actually won. The last game, Cambrie got a hold of the ball and kicked it down the field! However, she wasn't really watching where she was going and missed the goal...darn it! But still way cute! Cambrie is a very curious and thoughtful little girl. She is always asking, "why?" (seemingly endlessly) and making connections about the world she lives in. Her conclusions are always very logical, even if they aren't completely correct. It's fascinating having a four year old to learn from!


Calina has been growing her vocabulary by leaps and bounds! She says new things every day and is becoming quite the communicator! Even people outside of the family are beginning to understand her, so it's really fun to hear the progress. Her latest accomplishment is to put two words together like "want drink."

We went on a camping trip over Labor Day weekend up to the canyon near Fairview. Almost the whole Crosby clan was there. We missed you, Cherish and Sunny!! We had a great time riding ATVs, cooking some YUMMY dutch oven food, and playing in the "forts" around camp. Cambrie and her cousin Kelsi were practically joined at the hip! They spent nearly every waking hour together. They sure had fun! Cambrie just loves spending time with Kelsi! Calina loved riding the four-wheelers and watching the dogs. She also seems to have developed an attachment to Phil (Cari's husband), because she was always looking for Phil and just loved to spend time with him!!


The next weekend, we spent some time on Sand Hollow with my parents and their beautiful boat. The girls LOVED playing with "Papa" and "Noni" in the water, and I got up on the wake board!! We stayed in a nice hotel room in St. George, and had a really lovely mini vacation! Thanks mom and dad! We had a great time!


Last week, we travelled up to Park City to be with Andy at a Utah Bankers Conference. We got to relax during the day while he was in meetings, and then we met up to do some shopping and eat dinner together. We got back on Friday to (finally) enjoy a quite weekend at home. Well, not really SOO quiet since we have TONS of yard work to do before the snow starts coming down.


Yesterday I started my first day at a new job! I'm still working at SUU, but have moved to the Controller's Office. I am the new Accountant I at the Controllers Office, and I am in charge of managing the cash accounts and putting together the monthly Auxiliary Reports. The last few weeks at SCPS kept me extremely busy! I worked late on a number of nights just to try to get caught up before I left. I will miss all my work buddies at SCPS, but I am excited to be doing something new and learning more about the accounting system at the University.


Andy's been busy working on the yard. Now that his eye is healing from his second eye surgery, he can be outside more. He has been taking advantage of the cooler (but not too cool) weather by trying to get our front yard finished. YAY!

1 comment:

The Munfords said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time! Im glad that the kids are doing great nothing greater than happy healthy kids!