I don't have the pictures downloaded yet from our trip, but I wanted to update the blog anyway. Last weekend, for Pioneer Day, we went camping up at Tropic Reservoir. We had never been to this particular location before, and now we are wondering why! It was a really pretty little lake set up in the evergreens near Bryce Canyon, and it was so much fun! We had a wonderful time riding our ATV, fishing in the lake, going on hikes, and just hanging out at our beautiful camp spot enjoying nature.
The trip started out a little bit rocky because when we first pulled up into the campground, there was only one spot left, and it was the first spot as you drove into the campground. They allowed ATVs in the campground, so we weren't excited to be the entrance/exit point for all the ATVs as they passed by. The campground host was kind enough to let us know who was packing up and leaving that morning, so we could wait and get a better spot. So that's what we did.
When we first pulled up, Cambrie got a Hawaiian punch out of the cooler and decided after two sips that she was done (I'm sure this has never happened to anyone else ever before...). Calina was begging for a drink, so we put some of the Hawaiian Punch in her sippy cup and let her have it. She quickly drank the contents and wanted more, so I put more in it.... I guess I wasn't carefully monitoring the amount of sugar she was taking in, because shortly after she threw up Hawaiian punch all over herself and Andy.... Lovely red stains all over her shirt...
After we had the tent set up and before we had fully unpacked, Cambrie started screaming bloody murder and running around shaking her hand. Now, it's not uncommon for Cambrie to overreact to anything really, but the caliber of this particular scream let us know that something has happened. In this case, it was a bee. Cambrie got stung by a bee. I've only been stung once, myself, and it was when I was 12, and although I remember the pain I felt was intense for a while, it seems like it quickly dissipated. Cambrie, however, continued to cry and SCREAM for over an hour after "the incident." She finally let me pull out the little stinger, but for the rest of the day, she had a hard time even getting out of her chair and walking on the ground for fear that one of those tiny ants would come and sting her....
Ah, memories. Luckily besides the two incidents mentioned above, the rest of the trip was fabulous. We cooked us up some Dutch oven ribs and potatoes (YUM!), and relaxed and went on ATV rides and had a truly fabulous time!
There were SOOO many ATV trails at this place. We didn't have nearly enough time to explore them, but we are hoping to go back there to go on some more rides.
On Saturday morning, Cambrie and Calina and I went on a hike through a trail right out of our campground. It was a nice little hike (little being the key word), and we turned back before we were finished, but we had a good time, anyway. And Andy got to take a little nap at a quiet campground, so that was good.
The lake was VERY clear and really pretty! Andy went fishing a few times, and caught a total of 8 fish from the lake. Cambrie was with him when he caught another one and got help him reel it in. He let that one go, and Cambrie was sad about that. She came back all excited and said, "Mom! We caught a fish in the ocean (she still can't distinguish between oceans and lakes, so any fairly large body of water is called an ocean)!" Her tone then changed to a disappointed, "but then, daddy accidentally let it go." We were all in Andy's little bass boat when he caught one on the last day we were there. He kept it, and put it in a little compartment in the boat that holds water. Calina was LOVING the fish. She kept that little compartment open the rest of the time. She would point at it and say, "ish, ish!!" Lunch the next day at home was fabulous! Thanks And!!
After we got back from our final fishing trip, we went on a couple more short ATV rides. I took Calina first and all she said the whole time, was "WEEEEEEE! WEEEEEEE!" It was so cute that she was so excited. I tried to take her off on a more rocky trail and she didn't really like that so much, so I turned back and got on the gromed trail. We cooked up some tin foil dinners while we started packing up. After all our stuff was put away in the car and on the trailer, we hit the road, and got back around 8:30 ish Saturday night. The girls were exhausted! Well, maybe they weren't the only ones. ;)
13 years ago





1 comment:
That campground sounds awesome. Not very many will let you ride ATVs in and out. Camping is so exhausting for everyone involved, but well worth it!
Post a Comment