Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Calina update: Little talker

This morning when I was getting the food together to take to work, Calina spotted some mangos on the counter. She was wanting them pretty badly. She spit out her binki and was reaching for them. I picked one of them up and told her, "It's a mango." Carefull to say the word mango slowly and clearly. She said back to me "Mano." It didn't sound perfect, but in her little baby talk she is sounded it out enough for me to understand what she said. Lately, it seems Calina learns how to say a few new words each week. Here are a few things that she can say:

dog (dah or dah-de for doggie)
jacket (daa-det)
drink (dee)
more (moo)
cat (dat)
That (dats)
pappa (pa-pa)
momma (ma-ma)
daddy (da-de)
Cambrie (na-na)...don't know why, but every time she sees a picture of Cambrie, she says na-na
eye (ah)
ear (ee)
mouth (mah)
nose (no)
diaper (da da)
Hi (hi)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones she uses every day. It's bittersweet seeing her grow up. I'm excited that she's doing well and talking, but also sad my little baby's growing up.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun, Emery is finally starting to talk more now too. Is is so nice when they can talk and tell you what they need and want. We should get together this summer and let our kids play.