Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zions

One of my bestest friends came to visit me last weekend. It was so much fun to visit with Jasmine her and her cute little girl, Maili. Cambrie and Maili played hard all weekend, and were sad to say goodbye when it was time for Maili to leave. Jasmine's parents, Kirk and Bonnie came down too and they stayed with my parents. On Saturday, we heard it was supposed to be like 70 degrees in St. George, so we went on a little river hike in Zions. It was really fun to get out, although the sun didn't come out as much as I would have liked, and the wind was blowing at times.

Here is a picture of Bonnie, me, and Calina while we stopped at the river to throw rocks and sticks in....we're easily entertained, I know! :) Calina was smiling at Jasmine who was just to the side of my mom who was taking the picture.
Cambrie cheezing it for the picture. She was getting ready to throw that stick in the water. I think she must have been squinting in the sun or something...Calina just LOVED Kirk this visit. She was frequently reaching out for him to hold her. I think she's the first "Meier" child to not be scared of the guy. It is definitely a long time coming, because he is such a nice guy!
My mom and I on the hike. Andy kept sneaking up behind us with Calina....silly Andy.
Jasmine (and her cute baby bump) and Bonnie stopped to have a mother/daughter picture. Our family on the hike.
Cambrie and Maili had SOOO much fun on this hike! They were having "horsie" races with their grandpas being the horses (and their hair being the reigns). They were just LAUGHING and LAUGHING as they were bouncing up and down along the trail. I think they thoroughly exhausted their grandpas!!! Andy helped Cambrie climb up this rock wall near the visitors center. She was pretty stoked that she ws so high!
Maili wanted to join in the fun too. Kirk and Bonnie made sure that she was securly held while she was up there! Way to go guys...make us look like bad parents!! :) After our fun hike, we went into St. George for a little shopping and a YUMMY dinner at Ruby Tuesdays! I never knew getting soup and a salad bar could be SO DELICOUS!! I highly recommend it! I didn't get any pictures with my camera (we forgot it, AGAIN), so THANKS Mom and Jasmine for the pictures!! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are always doing fun things! How great that you got to spend the weekend with Jasmine. I haven't seen her in FOREVER. You will have to tell her hi for me!

Jess said...

I can't get over how grown up Cambrie looks. Did she get a haircut recently? Tell everyone hi for me.