I just had to post the latest amusing anecdote of Cambrie Kaye Crosby. We ate dinner one night this weekend and Cambrie didn't like what we were having, so she wouldn't eat more than one bite (her "no thank you" bite) of her dinner, even though she was hungry. Me, being the mean mother that I am told her that she would not get anything else to eat unless she ate her dinner. She didn't do it, so she went hungry. After dinner was cleaned up, we got in the car to go grocery shopping. On the way, Cambrie was politicking to go out to eat because she was hungry. When we were almost to Wal-Mart, she said, "Mom, can we PLEASE eat at Pepper's? I REALLY want to eat at Pepper's." After she said this, I was thoroughly confused because there is no "Pepper's" in Cedar City, and we have never eaten at a "Pepper's" in her entire life. Then I looked out my window and it all became clear:
3 comments:
I love it! Kids are definitely brilliant in their own unique way.
p.s. If you're interested, my favorite authority on child feeding is Ellyn Satter, author of "How to Get Your Kid to Eat...But Not Too Much". Feeding kids is tricky business, but I think she has a very simple, sensible approach.
Thanks for inviting me to your blog! What an adorable family you have! It was great to see you at SUU! Good luck with the MACC. Let me know if you want to borrow some text books.
That is so funny! It's funny what kids think of and pick up on. The other day Jaylee and Bretten were playing with Bretten's fake pirate money and Jaylee, of course, was hogging it, and Bretten sputters out "It's my money and I need it now!". I heard this from the other room and I just started laughing. He heard it off that lawyer commercial (I don't know if you know which one I'm talking about- it's been around for years). Anyways, kids are always entertaining and say the funniest things!
Post a Comment